Sunday, March 12, 2017

Project Pretty Nursery

We recently moved our baby girl out of our room and into the small room the boys were sharing. The boys moved into our school/guest room which suits them better with a bigger space. I dearly miss our school room set up, but this arrangement is best for everyone right now.

That little room needed a total overhaul, let me tell you. Those boys were rough on it. We had to scrub the walls, paint, replace the blinds, and replace the curtain rod. We still have to replace the window screen. Our little labors of love.


I was so excited to put this nursery together never having decorated for a little girl before. My inspiration for the room were some adorable fabric banners a friend sent me for Nora. They're made with vintage fabric squares sewn onto a vintage blue ribbon.




Here is one of the banners draped on the curtains. I hung the other on Nora's changing table. 

I chose a vintage light blue color for the walls - Sherwin Williams' Watery. I used vintage fabrics, vintage paper, and floral accents throughout the room. It was so much fun to work on this project. I love girly things. Here are some of the floral details I incorporated into the room.


I used a lot of items I already had on hand - baskets, tea tins, throw pillows, an old mirror, and some cute cottage style chairs a neighbor had given me a few years back. I love thinking about how to use what I already have on hand. The room boasts a couple of handmade projects too.


















I put together a banner with ribbon, mini clothespins, and handmade paper dolls that I made last year.


I also hung up a large decorative frame made out of toilet paper roll flowers that I put together for Nora before she was born. I found this idea on Pinterest.

Nora's rocking chair corner is quite cozy with a lamp, baby books, and extra pillows within arm's length. Oh, and Nora's handmade quilt made by Grandma.

The changing table has everything I need in the easy to reach fabric drawers and hamper underneath. The vintage style chairs on either side provide extra surfaces whenever I need to put something down without having to leave my pretty girl on the table unattended.

I put up a gallery wall with hand-painted letters hanging on ribbons, frames filled with vintage paper, my toilet paper roll flower frame, an old mirror that used to be in our living room, and a dollar store metallic flower. 



These hooks are left over from the boys' old room. We just re-secured them to the wall as they were a little worse for the wear. I added a cute floral wreath above that I usually put on our front door in the summer months and hung some princess dresses below.

















Such a sweet project. Having a little girl is super fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment