Tuesday, March 21, 2017

What's for Dinner? Sheet Pan Kielbasa and Potatoes

I'm always on the look out for quick dinners - especially one pot or one pan recipes. I love cooking, but it can add a lot of stress to my daily life while homeschooling two rambunctious boys and caring for a little miss lovely who doesn't like to stay asleep. 



Sometimes I just make up recipes. Here's one I made up when I had kielbasa and golden potatoes on hand. I served this one pan dish with one of those store-bought salad bags where everything is included in the bag. I love those things!



The trick to one pan dishes is to make sure everything cooks at the same time. I cut my potatoes into quarters and leave the onion in big chunks that won't burn during the 30 minutes or so it takes my potatoes to cook through. The kielbasa is forgiving, but if I was using something like chicken, I would need to take that into consideration too.



You wanna see browned meat and potatoes with onions that aren't little black shards. You also want your fork to slide easily into both the potatoes and the onions.

Sheet Pan Kielbasa & Potatoes

INGREDIENTS
1 13 oz package Kielbasa, cut into big chunks (use 2 packs for a big family)
1 1/2 lbs golden potatoes, quartered
1 onion, quartered or cut into really big chunks
Olive oil to coat
Olive oil spray
Salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Spray a large foil-lined baking tray with oil spray. (foil makes for easy clean up)
3. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Drizzle in a little olive oil and toss to coat.
4. Add the kielbasa in with the potatoes and toss together. Pour out onto your prepared sheet pan.
5. Spray your onion pieces with oil spray on both sides and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Nestle them gently onto your pan among the sausage and potatoes.
6. Roast about 30 minutes until meat and potatoes are browned and potatoes and onions are tender.


No comments:

Post a Comment