Saturday, March 25, 2017

What's for Dinner? Soyrizo Hash & Baked Egg Skillet

Quick Dinner Queen here. I wouldn't say I'm the ultimate master of quick dinners so much as I'm the ultimate lover of quick dinners. They mean so much to me these days. I love good home cooked food, so when I can produce something fast and easy and delicious, I am just giddy. Don't underestimate the power of good 'ol fashioned Hamburger Helper though. Am I grossing some of you out with that one? I apologize - sort of.



This skillet dinner can be done all in one skillet starting at the stove and finishing off in the oven. I, however, despise frying potatoes in a pan. I have never conquered that task. They always burn on me or take F-O-R-E-V-E-R to cook. I can't waste my life that way so I add in an extra step and roast them before I toss them in with the soyrizo.



Just make sure you chop them small. You want them the right size for hash. Also, they only take about 20 minutes to roast that way.



By the way, pork or beef chorizo is totally great in this dish as well. I prefer soy because it doesn't have those little bits of hard to chew somethings that I don't want to think about. The flavor of real meat chorizo is totally superior though, so pick your poison.



Also, if you have Cotija cheese, add a tablespoon or two with your cheddar. Trust me.


Soyrizo Hash & Baked Egg Skillet

INGREDIENTS
About 2 lbs red potatoes, chopped small and patted dry
olive oil to coat
8 oz soyrizo
6 eggs
salt & pepper to taste
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
2 Tbsp grated Cotija (optional, but preferable)
¼ cup chopped green onions
¼ cup chopped cilantro
olive oil spray
sour cream and Tapatio hot sauce for serving

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with oil spray.
3. Toss dry chopped potatoes with salt & pepper and a drizzle of olive oil in a medium bowl. Dump out onto baking sheet and roast about 20 to 23 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Remove potatoes and reduce oven temp to 425 degrees.
4. Heat a large skillet generously sprayed with oil spray over medium-high heat until hot. “Brown” chorizo about 3 minutes. Toss in cooked potatoes and coat. Turn off heat.
5. Make six little wells for the eggs. Spray each well with cooking spray and break an egg into each. Work quickly.
6. Sprinkle skillet with cheddar and bake about 10 minutes or until eggs are done to your liking.
7. Sprinkle with green onions and cilantro.
8. Serve with sour cream and Tapatio hot sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment