Saturday, April 1, 2017

Keep'n It Simple

We spent this week's art class coloring.



The past couple of weeks have been something else. First, Ezra split open the back of his head. Then, Mateo obtained some horrible bug bites (that turned purple) all around his mouth trying to catch bugs with said mouth out of the grass to feed the lizard he had caught. Nora spent the end of this week fussing with a low grade fever instead of napping. I ended up with what I think is a clogged duct or some other type of painful breastfeeding issue. On top of all of that, the boys were extra whiny during school and extra devious outside of school. I am so done with this week.

I wanted to throw in the towel a few times - maybe I should have. Mama did not do a good job keeping her cool. But I didn't want to sacrifice art class. Art class always gets the short end of the stick, so I decided to keep it simple.



Ezra's letter of the week was "Y" so I pulled out all the yellow markers, crayons, and color pencils I could find. I printed out a couple of homemade coloring pages I had made last summer and gave the boys their project.

To make your own homemade coloring pages, use a black Sharpie to draw patterns of shapes and images on a plain white piece of paper. The more detail you add, the longer it takes to color. That works for us over here. Scan it into your computer using a scanner. Then you can print them out whenever you like.

The boys had a positive attitude about school thanks to this art assignment. I actually had them start with art in an effort to avoid the grumbling and complaining I usually get at the beginning of our school time.



They chose different shades and types of yellow to color their pages. Their art turned out great and it took them a nice long time to finish. The boys didn't mind putting time and effort into this simple project (art is magical that way), so I got a little extra time to deal with my fussy baby.

Here's the coloring pages we used if you'd like to print and color.





No comments:

Post a Comment