Monday, May 15, 2017

Gluten Free Fruit & Nut Breakfast Bread

All I can say is, "Yum!" This one is for all my nut loving homies out there. Pour yourself a cup of coffee or hot chai and get ready to be tempted to bake.



I found this recipe on The View from Great Island while hunting for low sugar recipes using almond flour. Before our lower carb diet I used to regularly bake a banana nut bread for Matthew to eat with his second cup of coffee at work. I switched it up sometimes with a pumpkin loaf in the fall or a zucchini bread in the summer. It's been so long since I've baked a quick bread that even Mateo noticed. He also loves Mama's banana bread. 

When I came upon this recipe the skies cleared, the sun shown brightly, and birds everywhere began singing a new song. Just kidding, but I knew I had stumbled onto something wonderful. I can just tell with recipes now. This bread did not disappoint.

What Matthew and I love about this bread is that the batter is basically in existence to hold together a whole bunch of nuts and dried fruit. Thank you Sue from The View from Great Island. You have totally made our year.





I toasted my nuts to get the best flavor out of them.





I chopped up some cranberries, golden raisins, figs, and prunes.





I mixed up my almond flour batter,





... added my nuts and fruit,





... poured the batter into a parchment lined tin, and baked for 40 minutes.

My baked beauty.



Wrap the bread in foil and keep it in an airtight container or ziplock bag in the fridge overnight.

Look at all those nuts and fruit.

Slice it the next morning to set yourself up for a spectacular day. I store all my quick breads in the fridge wrapped in foil and in a ziplock bag and usually slice as I go each day. They just stay fresher that way.

My morning slice always gets toasted and buttered. Sooooooooooooooo good!! I wanna try a version with pistachios, dried cherries, and dark chocolate chips.

Visit The View from Great Island for this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment