Monday, June 19, 2017

What's for Dinner? Italian Sub Nachos

I can't stop with the nachos. We eat nachos about once a week these days. Can you blame me? Nachos are fast and easy and fabulous. Absolutely fabulous! You want a fabulous meal? Make nachos!

These Italian Sub Nachos are reminiscent of one of my favorite Subway sandwiches.



I start off by covering my chips in parmesan and mozzarella. Then I throw on sliced pepperoni and hard salami.



That gets thrown into the oven for 7 minutes or so.



I chose the fresh kind of toppings I like to add to my Italian sub - shredded lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, salt and pepper, and a drizzle of red wine vinegar.



Deeeeeeeeeelish! Next time I'm adding pepperoncinis.


Italian Sub Nachos

INGREDIENTS
1 bag corn tortilla chips
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup sliced pepperoni
1/3 cup sliced hard salami
2 1/2 cups chopped Iceberg lettuce
1 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
3 Tbsp red wine vinegar

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
3. Add a layer of corn tortilla chips to your pan. Top with cheeses and meat.
4. Bake 7 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
5. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, and onions.
6. Sprinkle with salt and pepper according to your taste.
7. Drizzle with vinegar.



No comments:

Post a Comment