Tuesday, September 26, 2017

What's for Dinner? Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Sheet Pan Nachos

I'm not a big football fan. Let me see, I think I can name a few teams - the Chargers, the Raiders, the Steelers. It is Steelers and not Stealers, right? Man, I'm bad. And yet, I'm not the worst. Anyways, I'll take any excuse to enjoy a great big tray of nachos. Come oooooooooon, game day!

Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Sheet Pan Nachos
These Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Sheet Pan Nachos were made for game day!


These Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Sheet Pan Nachos are the perfect game day snack. Can't you just picture yourself sitt'n on your couch with the game on, your favorite drink in hand, and a tray full of these gorgeous nachos just calling out your name?

grilled chicken for Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Sheet Pan Nachos


Start by grilling yourself a nice big well-seasoned chicken breast. I like to use my George Foreman grill. Am I the only one whose life has been totally revolutionized by the George Foreman grill? Thank you George, wherever you are these days.

Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Sheet Pan Nachos



Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Sheet Pan Nachos


Bake a sheet pan full of corn chips and sharp cheddar for about 7 minutes until melty and toasty. Then, squirt on a generous amount of ranch dressing. I love Hidden Valley's packets. I use 1 part sour cream, 1 part whole milk, and 2 parts mayo to mix mine up. Then I let the flavors meld in the fridge for a few hours before I squirt it all over my nachos.

Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Sheet Pan Nachos


Sprinkle on the grilled chicken, some crumbled bacon, and a handful of chopped green onions. Now you've got yourself a football feast in a sheet tray.

P.S. You don't have to wait for game day to enjoy these nachos. 😉

Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Sheet Pan Nachos

INGREDIENTS
1 oz packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
1 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup whole milk
1 large chicken breast
salt and pepper to taste
7 to 10 oz bag corn tortilla chips
2 to 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup chopped green onions

DIRECTIONS

1. Make your ranch dressing. Whisk together the Hidden Valley Ranch packet with the mayo, sour cream, and milk. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours for flavors to meld.
2. Season your chicken breast generously with salt and pepper on both sides and grill until cooked through. Let chicken rest 5 minutes and then chop.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and lay down a layer of corn chips. Cover with cheese and bake about 7 minutes until cheese is melted and chips are toasty.
5. Fill a Ziplock freezer bag with at least half a cup of Ranch. Snip a quarter inch off of one corner and squeeze all over the chips.
6. Sprinkle on the chicken, bacon, and green onions.
7. Sit in front of the game, pretending to watch, when you're really just eating a whole tray of nachos. Ha!

Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Sheet Pan Nachos Pin

No comments:

Post a Comment