Monday, October 2, 2017

Easy, No Sew, No Glue Spooky Eyeball Halloween Garland

Boo! Scared ya, didn't I? Just play'n.

We've been super busy over here at Loverbee central. The boys and I didn't get the great start to the new school year that I was hoping for. On top of that, Nora's sleep schedule continues to derail me. I've had to cut down on baking to once a week. (deep sigh)

So, that said, here is this busy family's easy Halloween craft - easy peasy and super spookely cute.

This craft involves a little cutting, tying, and the hanging of a few simple decorations. It'll take you longer to say "Easy, No Sew, No Glue Spooky Eyeball Halloween Garland" than it will be to put this cutie together. If your kids can tie a knot, they can probably do this whole project by themselves.

Easy, No Sew, No Glue Halloween Spooky Eyeball Garland
Make this Easy, No Sew, No Glue Spooky Eyeball Halloween Garland for cuteness sakes!


Here's what you'll need:
4 yards burlap
3 yards orange ribbon
3 yards purple ribbon
2 dozen Christmas ornament hangers
2 dozen spooky eyeball ornaments

I found my eyeball ornaments at a 99 Cents Only store. I've also seen felt ones. If you can't find any, you can cut circles out of white card stock, have kids draw spooky eyeballs on them, and use a hole punch to make a hole at the top of each.

burlap for Easy, No Sew, No Glue Halloween Spooky Eyeball Garland


Start by prepping your burlap. My sections came in 36 x 18 inch pieces. I kept the length and cut each piece in half longways to get a width of 9 inches. By the way, to keep your burlap from unraveling, pull out a string from the center, where you plan to cut. Then, cut along the center, right where you pulled out the string. Here's a tutorial from Decor by the Seashore if you'd like a visual.

burlap knots for Easy, No Sew, No Glue Halloween Spooky Eyeball Garland


Now, tie each piece of burlap together with a simple knot.

ribbon for Easy, No Sew, No Glue Halloween Spooky Eyeball Garland


Next, cut your orange ribbon in half. Then, cut each piece in half again. You should end up with four, more or less, equal pieces. Do the same for the purple ribbon.

ribbon bows for Easy, No Sew, No Glue Halloween Spooky Eyeball Garland


I tied my orange and purple ribbons together in between each burlap knot. I just tied a simple bow.

eyeball ornaments for Easy, No Sew, No Glue Halloween Spooky Eyeball Garland


Have kids loop a Christmas ornament hook through each eyeball and let them go crazy adding them to the garland. I found it easiest to hang the garland first.

Easy, No Sew, No Glue Halloween Spooky Eyeball Garland looped on chandelier


I draped my garland along our dining room chandelier since we don't have a proper mantel.

Easy, No Sew, No Glue Halloween Spooky Eyeball Garland
"Eye see you," says the Easy, No Sew, No Glue Spooky Eyeball Halloween Garland.


You can also hang it on a wall, mantel, arch, or doorway.

Eye'll be seeing ya! 😉

Easy, No Sew, No Glue, Spooky Eyeball Halloween Garland

No comments:

Post a Comment