Monday, January 1, 2018

Grapefruit & Honey White Wine Spritzer

Happy New Year, everyone!

So, I have a little something for you. I made you a drink. It's refreshing and bubbly and oh so drinkable. I've got a lot to celebrate in this new year and I wanna share it with y'all. You guys are a big part of it, after all.


glasses of Grapefruit & Honey White Wine Spritzer garnished with bright slices of pink grapefruit on a marble background
Allow me to pour you a Grapefruit & Honey White Wine Spritzer!


Before I get to this gorgeous recipe, here's a few updates that I am proud and excited to share at the start of this brand new year.


Number 1: The blog is growing (Thanks to you all!). We're now at 552 subscribers and counting. I know that's just a drop in a big ol' bucket for most bloggers, but it's a big deal to me. I'm so proud of the work I've done here thus far, and having a steadily growing audience is such a great blessing.


Number 2: I got to do some great connecting and promoting via my blog this past year. This new year is offering up even more opportunities, including a new series called Matters of the Heart where I and a few guest writers will be delving into the experience of the heart. You won't want to miss these beautiful offerings, precious pieces of hearts and souls, that will be shared with y'all.


Number 3: After jumping off the gluten free wagon during the fall and holiday baking seasons, I'm jumping back on in the new year. So stay tuned for more gluten free recipes coming your way (along with some regular ones, of course).


Number 4: This past Advent season, the fam and I worked through our Advent Drawing Journals after dinner each evening as a family (well, most nights anyway). The boys loved doing it so much that they would ask to work on their journals if Matthew and I didn't bring it up. And they didn't want to stop after Advent ended. So, this next school year we'll be reading through the Bible together and adding to our journals throughout the year. Bible class and writing practice effortlessly taken care of? Yes, please!


These are my celebrations as this new year begins and thanks to all of you for being a part of it. Now, without further ado, let's raise a glass to a new year together, shall we?


bright pink grapefruit and honey in a glass pitcher for Grapefruit & Honey White Wine Spritzer


close up shot of Grapefruit & Honey White Wine Spritzer garnished with a bright slice of pink grapefruit



two glasses of Grapefruit and Honey White Wine Spritzer garnished with a bright slice of pink grapefruit



Grapefruit & Honey White Wine Spritzer
(makes about 6 drinks)

INGREDIENTS

1 large pink grapefruit, sliced into rounds
1/4 to 1/3 cup honey
half a bottle of white wine (I used sauvignon blanc)
bitters
club soda or sparkling water
crushed ice

DIRECTIONS

1. In a pitcher, add all but one slice of the grapefruit, the honey, and the wine. Muddle or smash very well with a wooden spoon for several minutes.
2. Fill each glass half way with crushed ice.
3. Strain in the wine mixture, filling each glass 2/3 of the way.
4. Add a dash or 1/8 tsp of bitters to each glass (you don't want to overdo the bitters).
5. Top off each glass with club soda to taste and stir very gently.
6. Slice the leftover slice of grapefruit into 4 to 6 pieces and add one to each glass for garnish.

Here's to a new year of recipes, crafts, fun, and heartfelt sharing. Cheers, folks!


Grapefruit and Honey White Wine Spritzer Pin

No comments:

Post a Comment