Monday, June 5, 2017

Strawberry Coconut Creamsicles

Helloooooooooooooooo summer! Let's get our popsicle on!

My kids are popsicle fanatics. I guess all kids are, right? During the warm months (Did I say warm? I meant stink'n hot.) I try to keep a regular supply of homemade pops in the freezer. The boys love making them with me, and love eating them, and love talking about them... . Like I said, fanatics.

Ezra recently saw some milk and jam swirled popsicles in one of my food magazines. (He may be turning into a foodie.) He asked if we could make them every day for three days straight. Finally, I had some space to indulge him.


I made up my own recipe of course. I used coconut cream sweetened with a little sugar and vanilla and a jar of my homemade strawberry jam.


First goes a layer of sweetened coconut cream that gets frozen for about an hour.


Next, a layer of jam and more coconut cream on top.

My little popsicle makers.



We gently swirled the jam through all three layers. Next time I'll swirl it more thoroughly so all the jam isn't so concentrated in one section.

You can use any leftover sweetened coconut cream in your coffee or tea the next morning. That'll make for one happy morning.


These creamsicles require a couple more steps than the basic fruit popsicles I usually make, but they are well worth the extra effort. Just ask this girl.


Strawberry Coconut Creamsicles
(This recipe will make 8 to 10 medium popsicles)

INGREDIENTS
2 cans coconut cream (you can use coconut milk, but the pops may end up more icy and less creamy)
4 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 half pint jar homemade strawberry jam (Here's my recipe)

DIRECTIONS
1. Whisk together the coconut cream, sugar, and vanilla.
2. Pour the mixture into your popsicle molds 1/3 of the way up each mold. Freeze for about an hour.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of jam to each popsicle and top off with more coconut cream.
4. Use a knife to gently swirl through all three layers.
5. Freeze about 4 hours or until completely firm.
6. Thoroughly enjoy! Do not skip this step.



No comments:

Post a Comment