Friday, July 14, 2017

Summer Fun: Flower Power Wreath

Looking for something to keep the kiddos busy? This wreath is totally kid friendly, but feel free to hog this one if you need some mommy creative space. 😉

My door was without adornment since the wind had turned my Usnea wreath into a wonky mess. Plus, the boys were jonesin for a project, so I had them try their hand at the paper flowers I used for my Easter garland this past spring. I pulled the scraggly Usnea off of my wreath base and the boys and I re-did the wreath with our handmade flowers.


paper flower wreath

The boys did a great job with this craft and the wreath turned out super cute.






We started the project by tracing our petal templates. We used a combo of colored construction paper and printed scrapbook paper.




I taught the boys how to glue their flowers together and they went to town. See my Easter garland post for directions and templates for these flowers.




I used a glue gun to affix the flowers to our paper plate base. See my nature wreath post on instructions for making your own wreath base.


paper flower wreath

I promptly hung up our masterpiece on my naked front door. Ezra was so proud when he showed his daddy our handiwork.


Hope you're inspired to get those kiddos to work with all of that vacation time on their hands. 😉


paper flower wreath

No comments:

Post a Comment