Saturday, May 20, 2017

Woodworking: Kitchen Island

My husband made me a kitchen island this year.



It was a slow going project as his spare time is quite spare and very precious. I wish I had more pictures of the different stages to show you, but the boys some how factory reset Matthew's phone which had housed all those pics. Life with kids - and technology.

I absolutely love this island. It's beautiful. It's sturdy. It's rustic. It perfectly showcases all my prettiest dishes. And my hubby made it for me. I absolutely love it. Did I say that already?

You should have seen us trying to get this bad boy into the house. It is a solid piece of furniture. Just ask my back. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Matthew got the plans for this project from Ana White's website. She's got some really great plans for beginners.



Here are some of the details. We had some leftover teal colored wood stain from a dresser redo we did several years ago. Teal is my color yo. The frame got stained teal. The surfaces sport a gorgeous walnut colored stain. I love the contrast. The top is finished with a polyacrylic coating. We decided to leave the rest of the island unfinished. Not sure if that was the right decision. Time will tell, I guess.


My hubby also made the shed that he built my kitchen island in (I get to brag about him ๐Ÿ˜). He got his shed plans from shedking.net. I'll have Matthew write a guest post on that process some day. Although, he lost all of those pictures too. ๐Ÿ˜–

A coffee table for our living room is in the works as I write. It's also a slow going project. Hopefully, we'll get some good pics of that process and hang on to 'em. Wish us luck. ๐Ÿ˜‰


No comments:

Post a Comment