Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Distracting the Distraction & Toddler Fine Motor Sticker Practice

I may have already mentioned this, but this has been a tough school year for the Loverbees. Mateo's work load has significantly increased and we got off to a rocky start with two trips and two horrible rounds of sickness right off the bat. All that to say, we really didn't get into a groove until right before Christmas break.

my baby girl working on her Toddler Fine Motor Sticker Practice Page


Another factor in our homeschooling saga (okay, "saga" may be a tad dramatic) this year is a little miss pretty pants who loves to distract us while we're trying to work. She's a total people person, so there aren't many things she can do on her own that will keep her attention. But that girl looooooooves her some stickers.

We try to do the majority of our school work while Nora is down for her nap. When she's awake, I use things like these cute homemade sticker pages for her to work on. It gives the boys and I a few extra moments to finish things up.

my baby girl working on her Toddler Fine Motor Sticker Practice Page



close up of my baby girl using her Toddler Fine Motor Sticker Practice Page


She doesn't quite get that the spaces are for different size and shaped stickers, but she'll get there. It's great fine motor practice for her adorable little fingers.

Feel free to print these out or even make your own. I used a black Sharpie on cardstock. Then I scanned them into my computer so that they're reproducible. That way I don't have to draw them over and over again.

Here are my templates:

a template of shapes and decorations for Toddler Fine Motor Sticker Practice Page Template 1



a template full of shapes and decorations - Toddler Fine Motor Sticker Practice Page Template 2


Here's to distracting the distraction! 😉

P.S. If your toddler has a hard time peeling their own stickers, like mine does, you can bend back the sticker page so that the stickers start to pop off the page a little. That'll make it easier for their little fingers to get at 'em. 😊

Fine motor practice printable toddler sticker practice pages pin

1 comment: